10/26/2006

Is Sudoku the new Iain Dale's Blog ?


Two weeks ago, I couldn't stand sudoku, to be fair, I loathed it. Why, after all, it's an odd thing to loathe ?


In truth, I didn't know why. All I knew was that I didn't understand it, I didn't want to be shown how to understand it, I couldn't understand why anyone would be interested in it in the slightest and I didn't want to hear people talking about it. However, now I am addicted.


So for me there are parallels between sudoku and Iain Dale's blog as my feelings towards his blog were the very same thoughts I had about sudoku. As many regular readers will know, I'm now an avid reader and have come to appreciate Iain's blog in a way that seemed impossible just a few weeks ago. Just as I am now an avid sudoku(er) - is there a work for a person doing sudoku ? - on my Nintendo DS (what a fabulous piece of kit that is !).


So you heard it here first. Iain Dale's Diary is the new sudoku (or vice versa).

6 comments:

Iain Dale said...

Now you're just extracting the Michael!

Nich Starling said...

No. It was a conversation I had with a friend. I was talking to him about liking Sudoku and he reminded me that I hated it a when I last spoke to him.

He then mentioned your blog and I said I read it too and liked it.

It was then that I saw the parallels.

I wasn't trying to take the mick, honest !

Anonymous said...

I always laugh even harder when people label their own posts 'funny'!

Nich Starling said...

Sorry, but I had to label it as something. I could argue that funny can also mean odd ???

Anonymous said...

A weak riposte in the context of the post! Yes, I may have been slightly over harsh, though, actually it was quite an entertaining post. By the way, having discovered your blog yesterday, I've got to say there's some great stuff on here. Usually I don't even bother commenting!

Nich Starling said...

Thanks John, If you'd like to link me to your blog, I'd happily reciprocate.

Your comments are always welcome (and note I have no comment moderation on - Free speech rules here !)

Pages