Just looking around the BBC wesbite today highlights the sick nature of our society at the moment. Giving you a quick tour of sickness affecting the country we have :
1) A group of children in Wales aged from 7 to 14 who stoned and kicked a baby lamb then drowned it in a trough. How proud their parents must be.
2) A group of youths, including two girls, in London who laughed as they chased and stabbed a 16 year old.
3) Three young thugs are finally sentenced for the senceless beating and Murder of Garry Newlove in Warrington. They have apparently shown no remorse. Again, what proud parents they must have.
4) In Manchester a man is in a serious condidtion in hospital after being attacked by a gang on his way home from an evening out. Again, the attack was unprovoked.
5) The Fire Brigades Union warns that attacks on Fire crews in on the increase (despite government claims to the opposite) and that they are premeditated, often orchestrated by gangs, and there are real fears that these attacks could lead to a death.
Then, conversely, we have a man in Scotland who took on some gangs over graffiti in his estate, was then attacked by gang members who attacked him in his car, when he then drove his car at them in self defence, he was then arrested and will now serve three years in prison. It's an odd state of affairs that a man should have to do the police's work in the first place, but for him to be sent to jail when he was the one who was attacked seems slightly perverse.
And what is labour's asnwer to all these ills ? ASBO's, which have themselves been shown to be ineffective.
Yes, welcome to Britain after 11 years of New Labour. New Labour - Sick Britain.