Without the spotlight of the press and the blogging community, Grant Shapps MP seems to have gained a reputation as some sort of rising start and whizkid of the campaigning part of the Tory Party.
The problem for Grant is that under the glare of the heat from the spotlight of the press and other political parties, his gloss has peeled away like some cheap veneer, leaving a rather sorry mess behind. Let's look at the evidence.
1) He made allegations which he has completely failed to substantiate about poster boards.
2) His campaign claimed defections to his party that had not happened.
3) He has gained a defector that may cost him votes.
4) It is alleged he has been caught posting things on the Internet that he shouldn't.
5) His candidate actually attended a fundraiser for Labour less than a month ago.
6) He has threatened to sue the Lib Dems for something that his own party are doing in Sedgefield as we speak !
Sorry, but if he's a rising star, then the Conservatives really have got problems.