10/25/2006

My job in Bulgaria has fallen through - Gutted !!!


With the news that the number of Romanian and Bulgarian citizens allowed in to the UK to work are to be severely limited, the Bulgarian Government have threatened to impose the same rules on UK citizens.

I thought it was a joke to begin with. I mean, Bulgaria is hardly top of the list for British citizens seeking to be economic migrants is it. Australia, New Zealand, Canada, Spain, America, yes there are lots of countries I know friends would love to move to, but Bulgaria ?

"Oh I'd love to work in a steel mill in Sofia", said my mate Dave.

"Better still, as a construction worker", added James.

"Yes, Bulgaria really is a land of opportunities", we all sang together.

The Bulgarian government ought to actually think about the threats they make before they speak out loud.

As for me, a statement to keep me from entering Bulgaria is not so much a threat, but more of a promise I'd love them to keep !
To be fair, I know people who have been to Bulgaria on holiday and loved it, but come on Bulgaria, if you were in the UK's position, you'd do exactly the same.

No comments:

Pages