7/11/2008

Who are these tits who complain about Marks and Spencer ?

I am really confused why people are complaining about paying extra for larger bras at Marks and Spencer.

Surely bigger bras require more work on the stitching and more material. In addition they require more packaging and no doubt have a higher transportation cost due to the fact they take up more space.

Nobody complain at paying more for an extra large drink or an extra large bar of chocolate, so why do people feel that their extra large bras should be less ? I know I have had to pay more for larger shoes in the past, surely this is the same principle ?

I wonder whether these more fulsome ladies would prefer to be flat chested and pay less ?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

The point is that we don't have to pay extra for any other clothing or shoes in M & S so why bras?

Anonymous said...

Nich

I have been a double D or larger since age 16 - but I have never been obese. As a double F now, I have no option but to pay for larger bras, which usually look like something my gran would have worn and far less intricate than the very pretty bras for A to C cups.

I don't want to bore you but I have a very tall (slim) 9 year old boy in size 7 shoes, thus paying VAT on a child's shoes. My brothers, both tall and slim, have extra large feet (13 and 15) so my parents were paying for special shoes from about 12 onwards. Frankly I don't see why you should pay more, but a bit of solidarity wouldn't go amiss.

If the larger bras did at least look as nice as the smaller bras, with lace and detail mybe one wouldn't mind. But as they look roughly like a small parachute, or a sun hat for several small children, and so really it is hard to argue more work goes into larger bras. Also if you really study them, far more padding and gel is added to smaller bras to try and build them out, so you could argue they should pay more for the gel and padding.

Lastly being a 'new dad' surely you're in favour of breastfeeding boobs being appropriately clad? Breastfeeding boobs are, of course, bigger but much better for the child, mother, environment, blah blah.

:-)

Nich Starling said...

My sumpathy is with women with small breasts, for obvous reasons.

The point is that economics tells us that there are economies based on the quantitries used and economies based on how many are made. All the logic of economics tells me that large bras should cost more.

Anonymous said...

Tits who complain? I know some people seem to be congenitally incapable of resisting a pun, but really, I don't think it justifies referring to women by their body parts. We're the target of enough objectifying and dehumanising language as it is without it being turned into feeble comedy.

Pages