8/20/2007

Please god, not another ITV show to be presented by Trevor McDonald ?

Am I the only person in the world who is fed up with Trevor McDonald ?

I still remember his dreadful inability to get the joke when he was set up by Noel Edmond's for a "Gotcha" about 12 years ago, and find his whole stuffed shirt persona a turn off on every TV show he is involved with.

The problem, for me, is that he reads everything like a newsreader. I know that is what he is, but he needs to be able to turn that on and off, which he can't.

Newreaders have to be able to read the news neutrally, showing no bias, in a passive almost non feeling way. That is what is expected of newsreaders. But when he is presenting another show, like the National TV awards or Britain's Favourite view, it is again just him reading the words. Their is no empathy, no warmth.

So when I saw that there was going to be a new "National Film Awards" launched by ITV, I fear it is another job for Sit Trevor McDonald. Surely ITV has someone else who can present (Although having now seen Fearne Cotton on The Xtra Factor on ITV2, I fear they may bring her in to do it. She makes Sir Trevor look almost good !)

No comments:

Pages