5/01/2007

A "thank you" from a constituent

I was phone at teatime today by a constituent who I had helped out with three different pieces of case work over the last four years.

The very pleasant thing was that he phoned merely to thank me for all I had done in my role of councillor and to say that he believed that I, along with my Fakenham Lib Dem colleagues Simon, Simon and Jacky (who are all standing down for various reasons) would be missed.

I've been looking forward enormously to getting my life back and no longer being a councillor, but occasionally some things, like tonight's call, really can be enormously touching.

I feel enormously proud to have represented Fakenham, and hope whoever succeeds me (and I've a good idea who it will be) really can take the same pride in it that I have.

No comments:

Pages