12/24/2006

Annoying things about Christmas - Number 6


And the final thing on my list of things that annoy me about Christmas is ... ITV


I'm sure those of a certain age can remember the jingle each Christmas "Christmas means ITV". But for the last 10 years or so, ITV have completely given up on Christmas. Why ? Because there is not the advertising revenue there to justify the BIG programmes and expense. Instead they serve up a pile of "celebrity" drivel, as hhighlighted by Iain Dale HERE.


So, thank goodness for the public service that is the BBC. They don't have to worry about advertising budgets, they just serve up a whole feast of Christmas treats. Little Britain, The Vicar of Dibley, Doctor Who, and the excellent Worst Christmas of My Life, which has already been shown, as well as loads more.


So ITV, shame on you. Christmas will mean for me no ITV. If ITV want people to tune in to their channel in the future they need to start getting some brand loyalty and there is no better way to do that then when people have had a few drinks and want to avoid a game of trivial pursuit !

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I would guess that since about 1993 ITV have not really made any effort.

I'll be watch a mix of the Beeb and UK Gold.

Pages