10/10/2006

Just how poor is ITV these days - Watch "ITV Play" and judge for yourself

There was a time when ITV was thought to be a higher quality channel than the BBC. During the 70's and early 80 ITV had the top rated comedys, quality factual shows (World in Action), the best quiz shows and a news service that rivalled the BBC.

Nowadays, its just such utter drivel. I watch ITV just once a week. What I watch is pretty low brow (The X Factor) but it is entertaining. For the rest of the week I watch no ITV 1, 2, 3 or 4 at all, except to occasionally watch the News. Now that might say a lot about me, but I think it says more about what ITV are.

The sad thing is that ITV are making more money from their sorry excuse for a channel "ITV Play". Even regulators are investigating this type of show, which is replicated on any number of SKY channels. What ever does it say about ITV that they joined in with this utter drivel !

ITV Play ! I could think of a few better four letter words to go after "ITV" that I could use to describe it ! Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Pages