9/19/2006

Well done Ming !

In the leadership election the Lib Dems held earlier in the year, I supported Ming Campbell. I did this on the basis that I had met him a couple of times, and on each occasion he had impressed me. So I was particularly pleased to see that much to the chagrin of the Tory press (the Daily Mail, The Express, The Telegraph) and the BBC, Ming Campbell won the key vote on tax policy at the Lib Dem conference today.

The press have done something of a hatchet job on Ming today, claiming he was out of touch, was unable to get his own party members to support him and, most interestingly, was facing problems from Charles Kennedy. Remember, that Kennedy was the subjectof repeated attacks from these same newspapers just 12 months ago !

So, well done Ming and his team. You were right and the press were wrong.

No comments:

Pages