9/23/2006

Time for Worthington to go

I've never been a reactionary sort, and have always thought loyalty in football is something that is in very short supply, but Delia's loyalty to Nigel Worthington as manager of Norwich City really has gone too far now.

Delia claimed about 12 months ago that a good manager does not turn bad overnight. I wrote, in response, to the EDP and had a letter printed which argued that as a cook, she should know that even the finest ingredients go off, and in this case, it really is the case that something is very "off" at Carrow Road. I took some stick form season ticket holders at the time, but as the season went on, more and more people started to agree with me.

Like many others, I was prepared to give Worthington another chance, and the first 5 games offered much hope, but one point from the last 12 is not good enough.

Sorry Nigel, but it really is time for you to go !

No comments:

Pages