11/14/2006

Annoying things about Christmas - Number One


In the first of an irregular series of postings about Christmas (by the way, I do love Christmas), I thought I'd highlight the things that annoy me about this time of the year.

On TV you suddenly start to see stupid, smug, self satisfied, arrogant and pompous adverts for perfume, usually featuring some stupid French phrase which I don't understand (and I teach French), usually featuring someone dressed as a swan or as a sailor sitting in a giant leaf made of ice. The adverts resemble something that should be shown to which ever one of the Saatchi brothers buys naff modern art.

In reality, an advert filmed somewhere up the "derrière" of the French advertising executive who had such a patronising attitude when he or she dreamed up the advert in the first place would make a much better advert.

No comments:

Pages