8/01/2010

Not a campaign slogan I would wish to use

I am not the only Nicholas Starling who gets mentions on Google, with the head of the Association of British Insurers being called Nick Starling causing some confusion amongst children at my school when it is reported on the news that "We will be speaking to Nick Starling later about... " with children coming in to tell me "They said you would be on TV last night but it wasn't you", which is always quite funny.

However, Google brought my attention to Nick Starling, an Iraq war veteran who despite no doubt being brave, clearly has the sort political policies most ordinary people would run and hide from.

This particular Nick Starling is running for the position of Assessor in Nevada, and uses the slogan

" VOTE FOR NICK STARLING, THE NEW REPUBLICAN FACE THAT BLED FOR FREEDOM."

A slogan I shall not being using in my re-election campaign next year ! Likewise, voters in UK elections really do get turned off by campaign photos featuring people waerting sunglasses holding a machine gun.

No comments:

Pages