Iain Dale tagged me a week ago to take part in a small challenge/meme which asked if I had seen any of the 25 DVDs that Barack Obama had given to Gordon Brown.
Shamefully I didn't see the e-mail saying I was tagged until last night, so belatedly I am taking the challenge.
Those I own are
1) Star Wars (No, I will not call it "Episode 4" or "A New Hope". I saw it at the cinema in 1978 and it was simply called Star Wars.)
2) It's a Wonderful Life. Surely one of the greatest films ever made ?
Those I have seen are
1) Schindler’s List - Brilliant
2) ET - Brilliant
3) Gone With The Wind - A Ripping Yarn
4) Singin’ in the Rain - Harmless Fun
5) Lawrence of Arabia - Incredible
6) Vertigo - Tense and brilliantly made
7) The Wizard of Oz - Always bored me
8) 2001 A Space Odyssey - Again, always bored me.
9) The Graduate - Fun, of its time, a good film.
10) Psycho - Brilliantly made
11) Some Like it Hot - Classic film, brilliant acting.
12) The Godfather - A must see film.
13) To Kill a Mockingbird - Incredible. Show it to any racist and see them squirm.
14) Casablanca - Seen it, pleased I did, wouldn't bother to watch it again.
Not Seen -
City Lights, Sunset Boulevard, , The General, The Grapes of Wrath, Citizen Kane, Raging Bull, The Searchers, On the Waterfront, Chinatown.
So I score 16 out of 25. Not too bad I think.