11/13/2007

My Downing Street Petition Of The Week

As part of what might become a weekly look at the most bizarre petitions on the Downing Street Website, I thought I'd bring to your attention this beauty.

"We the undersigned petition the Prime Minister to allow the sale of elephants in pet shops in the UK"

Yes, that's right, you did read it correctly. I particularly like the bit where it asks the sponsor of the petition to give extra details.

"We believe that every child in the UK would benefit from owning an elephant. It was my dream as a child to care for these magnificent creatures but at the age of twelve I find that nobody takes me seriously. We would like to make it legal to import african/indian elephants from africa/india to sell in pet shops across the UK. Elephants are creatures that children could learn about better by owning their own and keeping them in easily and cheaply converted sheds. Please take my idea into account. "

Now there's an idea for the BBC2 series Dragons Den. If only someone could market converted elephant sheds !

No comments:

Pages