5/05/2007

Breckland election count fiasco rumbles on

The Eastern Daily Press has further information about the story I raised yesterday about the fiasco happening at Breckland Council where hi tech voting systems have collapsed leaving some results announced that could be incorrect and other candidates waiting until Tuesday to find out if they have won or lost.

The returning officer, who I understand was not previously returning officer fro the council, seems to have a lot of explaining to do. My understanding is that returning officers get paid a substantial amount each year on top of their normal wages. I also note that Breckland staff are currently considering when to hold a strike due to their overwhelming opposition to an ill thought our performance related pay scheme.

I wonder if the council's performance related pay scheme should also apply to their returning officer ?

No comments:

Pages