Where are all the Poster Boards

Having just driven back from East Devon this morning, I was shocked at the lack of evidence of any elections going on.

The only boards I saw were in West Wiltshire (four Lib Dems signs all in a row) and in Norwich (again four Lib Dem signs) and nothing in between.

No wonder awareness of the local elections seems to be at an all time low.


Justin Hinchcliffe said...

After reading your post this morning, I made sure the in-laws had a garden poster up at their house in rural north Essex. The Conservative councillor, who lives opposite them, ran out of boards but gave me some green/blues posters, so spent an hour in the garage and made one! The whole village was a sea of green/blue! Thanks for the reminder, Nich!

David Nikel said...

Most Councils in the West Midlands have banned them this year.

Unfortunately for me, not in Sandwell, so it's a week of climbing up lampposts for me!

Peter said...


Shall I bring you one round?

Norfolk Blogger said...

I live in a cul-de-sac of 6 houses so few people would see it.