11/01/2006

Sky TV - Worst customer service ever !


I have just been on the phone to Sky TV to cancel a subscription. What an unpleasant experience that was.

Firstly, I was told by the man who answered the phone after eleven minutes that:

"You should know that you have to be subscribed for 12 months before you can cancel"


"I know, but I cannot remember if it is 11 or 12 months since it was installed", I replied.


"I would expect that you would know something like that before phoning", he replied.

Oh dear, I thought, not exactly friendly.

"Can I set it up so that my subscription is cancelled on the anniversary of the 12 months ?", I enquired.


"That's impossible. you'll have to phone in again in a few weeks", says the man from Sky.


"Why, can't you just set up a diary reminder", I ask.


"No company can do that sir" says Sky man sarcasticly.


"My mobile phone company can", I say.


"Well we're no tin pot firm, we're the world largest multimedia company and ranked 17 on the FTSE 100 index", says the man from Sky


"My mobile firm is Vodafone, they are one of the five biggest companies in the UK , anyway, why are you lecturing me ? What is your name ? " I ask.


The phone goes dead !

So, get a Sky account at your peril !


P.S. Eventually, after going through via a different phone number and being transferred, I spoke to a much nice Scottish girl who sorted it out AND set up a diary reminder, so it can be done !


P.P.S. Sky neither print, publish or have on their website a complaint number or contact !

3 comments:

Liberal Neil said...

You can just cancel the Direct Debit with your bank.

You don't have to deal with 'custoner service professionals' that way.redcar

Nich Starling said...

Good idea. I'll do that next time.

Ryan said...

But your terms and conditions state you'll give 28/31 days notice. If you cancel your DD they'll send threatening letters through the post for at least one months subs.
Best bet is to put it in writing, as then you don't have to go through the 100 questions that you get.
Which channels do you watch?
Won't you miss the sport/movies?
Did you realise we have season 3 of Lost?.......

Pages