10/17/2006

Could I be LESS interested in Madonna adopting a baby ?

I'm wondering if I am living in a different world from everyone else. You see, in my world, we are fighting two wars, we have a discredited Prime Minister, we have question marks over the future direction of the government, we have nuclear threats growing all the time, and, well, to be honest, I see no shortage of "real" news. So why is the press SO obsessed with Madonna ?


Even fivelive this morning were talking about it, experts were giving their opinion,and in the end, I turned on to talk sport to listen to some trivial football chatter rather than listen to any more of it. Put simply, I COULDN'T GIVE A DAMN ABOUT MADONNA AND I DON'T KNOW ANYONE WHO DOES !

There, I've said it now. I'll shut up.

7 comments:

Will said...

It was on the Radio 4 news this morning. OK readers will be flocking to the Today programme now.

Tristan said...

I think some children's charities have kicked up a stink. Presumably on the basis that its better for a child to grow up in an orphanage in an impoverished country than with some decadent western pop star.

Nich Starling said...

Will, good comment.

Tristan, I couldn't agree more. I saw that even Channel 4 news had a long pice on it whilst ITV news led on this story, asking what lay in store for the boy, whilst making silly comments about "how his life would change, but how ?"

Strikes me she is doing the boy a favour, so what is the fuss.

I only hope that the charities opposing her are not using funds donated to them for famine relief or building projects on court fees and solicitors.

Karen said...

The boy has a Dad! I don't think taking him away from his family is doing him a favour. There are many questions I would like to ask Madonna and the family of the boy. I heard today she has always wanted a "black" baby. The whole situation does not sit well with me. Just because you have more money and are able to allow someone to live longer doesn't automatically mean you will give them a "better" life.

Karen said...

But I do agree there is too much publicity and this does not help the child or Madonna's other children. She has always courted controversy and this is just another chapter in the extraordinary life of Madonna.

Nich Starling said...

I agree that the boy has a father and that makes it slightly odd. If I had her money I would support the boy with his father in Rwanda.

However, I am just sick of the wall to wall coverage which thankfully today has been virtually non existent.

Joe Otten said...

And the tabloid circus which is Question Time brought us more of the same moral panic. It has motivated me to blog here

This nitpicking is the wrong response when somebody does something good.

Pages